Video is one of the most powerful tools a marketer has to promote their business, and YouTube is far and away the leader of video-based content online. As such, it makes sense that entrepreneurs would want to go to YouTube to expand their audience. But making a quality video is difficult, especially for beginners, so Barbara has a list of nine important tips to make the best videos you can and get the most out of YouTube.
1. Be authentic – What makes you, YOUnique?
However you are in real life, that’s how you should be in your videos. You are selling yourself just as much as your product or service, so don’t try to hide who you are.
2. Start small.
Trying to produce daily or weekly videos are not recommended for beginners, as it can be daunting to consistently produce so much content. Go for shorter videos at first, and maybe go for a monthly or bi-weekly schedule. Just do what is comfortable for you. Try to set a goal and stick to it.
3. Get to the point – quickly!
Your audience clicked on your video for a reason, usually because of what was in the title. As such, you need to get to that “point” early in your video. People aren’t just watching to hear you talk.
4. Create in “batches” instead of one video at a time!
While you should post on a regular schedule, it helps to record videos in batches. If you are appearing on camera, try to look consistent between videos: where the same outfit, or at least one that’s the same color.
5. Use keywords properly – and organically!
Two parts of your videos need to be keyword strong: the title & the description. For the title, make sure it gives a clear indication as to what your video is about. For the description, be sure to include your website and information relevant to the topic of the video. Don’t just repeat the content in the title, and make sure to write in full sentences, not just keywords. You can also add tags to your videos to help with SEO, but if you are uploading videos from your phone you might have to add these after-the-fact.
6. Be passionate rather than try to be ‘successful.’
If you lose sight of your purpose, you lose followers. Don’t chase trends or go for easy
7. Turn on Subtitles/CC.
This is the easiest thing you can do to increase SEO. Just clicking a button ads subtitles, which is helpful for audiences with disabilities and also essentially turns every word you say into a keyword.
8. Use playlists to induce more views.
Creating playlists can help people find your content. You can also make playlists featuring other people’s videos, which can draw viewers to your account.
9. Always include a CALL TO ACTION.
Barbara has a sure-fire formula for creating an effective business video, taught to her by her friend, Joe Medrano:
• Grab their attention. – “Do you have too much to do and not enough time to do it?”
• State the problem – “Entrepreneurs always have a large to-do list, but not enough hours in the day to do it all.”
• Share the solution (Your services) – “I’m Barbara Caine, and I teach time management for business owners.”
• The Features (The end goal of using your services) – “My courses will help you get more done than you ever have before!”
• Call to Action – “Call 219-707-1882 and set up a time management session today!”
Keep this formula in mind whenever you make a video and you’ll be producing excellent business videos in no-time.